Sunday, January 22, 2012

Mirror, mirror, on the wall? I know you want to tell me that I'm the fairest of them all...

2 new messages”, the mobile screen said and two heads were trying to look on the small screen at the same time. I guess this expresses how excited we were. In this message, every host thanked us for the conversation at this night. Ryu told us his host-name and also offered us to come to our guesthouse.

Right.

What… wait.. excuse me?

A host, who just wants to earn money and wants to get clients to his club, requested to come to our home? Something wasn’t quite right here. Anna liked Ryu, so she answered him that he can pay us a visit. I replied Tatsuya some random stuff and he replied something really host-like. “Bla bla bla you are beautiful bla bla when do we meet again bla bla will you really come again bla bla my palm is so gorgeous, you never saw such a beautiful host-palm.” Okay, maybe he didn’t mention the last part. Nevertheless, we laughed our asses of because it was like in those host documentaries. Furthermore we were only being able to see their written words and not their whole charming appearances. That’s why it was easier to make fun of them without getting into the no-brain-mode because of these dangerous charming-waves.

The interesting thing was still Ryu who wanted to come to our guesthouse. So we waited for his reply, we waited long. I remember that I wanted to take a shower but couldn’t because we expected his message.

Then we annoyed our guesthouse mate and le
t him chat with Anna’s sister on ICQ. Her sister didn’t even recognize that another person wrote to her although he didn’t speak our language and wrote the words which we told him just by listen to them closely. I also wrote an article to my Japanese blog in which I told my friends that we met some hosts who are so stupid to believe that we’re going to their club (Well, writing this in my blog was a mistake. But this will be another story). Unfortunately Ryu didn’t reply. Well, the next day we saw the reason why. Anna didn’t send her reply to Ryu, she sent it to Tatsuya. Typically us.

On that day we enjoyed our time with learning (Anna) and shopping (me, guess who had the better day?) and messaged our host-boys from time to
time. I asked Tatsuya if the club was full and if he had a beautiful customer.

Host-Mode-On: “Here are some girls. But… *dramatic music* no one is as beautiful as you.” /Host-Mode-off. It always felt like this “Mirror, mirror on the wall”-thing.


That's it! The "Oh, no one here is as beautiful as you"-message.

This reply amused me a lot. “Who is so stupid and believes such stuff”, I thought while trying to image a normal host club situation. Nevertheless, I got more and more curious about those clubs and wanted to go to one with my friend. But another guesthouse mate warned us.

“They are the worst”, he said, “They don’t have a soul. They just want to make money. I know that because I also did this job a few years ago. I saw a girl who ordered just 3 drinks but they let her pay 50.000 Yen.”


While I was still shocked that he was a host but slowly recognized that I can imagine him very well in this job, I decided not to go. It was simply too dangerous.

Meanwhile, Anna kept on mailing with Ryu. Actually I forgot about what kind of stuff.

The next day I grew tired of Tatsuya. Moreover, I felt sorry for him because with me was actually a waste of time. I wouldn’t come to his club. So I decided to end the whole story and said “Sayonara” to him. I drafted a long message in which I told him that his job is dangerous for his health. Sometimes, I’m such a mother-type. Then I mentioned that I don’t like hosts because they are lying and I would never go to a host club. Gosh, some days later I would regret this part of the message. Somehow I felt a little bit sad afterwards because I knew that I wouldn’t receive any ego-boosting mails anymore.

Days passed. Anna and me visited Yokohama, stood in front of a camera, went to Osaka and I went to a theatre play of my favorite musician.

Like I thought, there were no more messages from Tatsuya.

I guess, during that time Anna wrote Ryu what we were doing and he kept begging her to come to the club. But his messages changed on the 24th of September, 8 days after we met the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment