Monday, August 6, 2012

Don't arrest me!

We arrived around lunchtime at the airport. Ah, airport, home of all security and the place where they check your passport. Wait- passport? Damn! My passport was still in my suitcase at John’s house! But Japanese people are really kind and that’s why I could pass with my ID-card. I brought my friend to the gate and said goodbye to her, wrote Hiro that he can come and waited for him. 

I stood there and waited with nothing bad or terroristic in my mind. Unfortunately an airport security man thought that I might be some dangerous person. He asked me politely to show him my passport. D.A.M.N.²! I saw myself already as a sex toy in prison. I needed a plan. Okay, what do we have? We don’t have a passport; we have a male airport security staff. Oh, male! Haha, I just charm him! 

I told him in a cute way that I was waiting for a friend from Chiba who is going to pick me up from here and that I’m not flying to somewhere. The airport man answered me “Oh! I’m also from Chiba!” Haha, too easy! I smiled and continued in a cute, happy way: “Oh really?! I like Chiba soooo much! The landscape and the capital city are so beautiful! It’s my favorite place in Japan!” (I’ve never been there before…)

Then I added with a soft voice: “Because I just wanted to meet with my friend, I totally forgot my passport but I have my ID-card with me! I hope this is also okay?” (Imagine now large puppy eyes).

He smiled at me, hardly looked at the ID-card which I’ve showed him and said “Yes.” After this I went back to the waiting area. I didn’t want to meet another security staff again. I know, I was lucky but I didn’t want to push my luck.

After some minutes, Hiro called me. He was there! “I’m at the south wing F 4”, I told him and waited for 10 minutes. Then he called again “Well I’m at F6 now because you weren’t at F 4”. Well, I looked around: There was no one. There wasn’t even a F6! “Are you sure that you are at the south wing?”, I wanted to make sure. Of course he wasn’t! Men…

In total I’ve waited 10 more minutes for him to arrive because he told me not to move anymore. 10 minutes! In front of an exit! All the security staff members could see me! Risky, risky, baby! But I survived and suddenly, I saw someone coming towards me. He was taller than I had remembered (in my memories he was as tall as my knee … yes, strange memories).
I still remember that he wore camouflage pants, a black T-Shirt and those ugly men-sandals.  You know the ones which have a ring around your toe? Anyone? But he looked so normal. It was so great to see him as normal person and not as over-styled host.  

I don't know why but somehow I want to hit the designer of those sandals. Really. With a hard and heavy object.


He took, gentleman-like, my luggage and we went to his car. I’ve never been in a Japanese car.  The driver’s seat is on the right side of the car and not the left side (home country style). And now imagine what I’d done. Exactly. I headed straight for the driver’s seat. Hiro was irritated and I was irritated because he was irritated. Then I saw the reason of his irritation and I had to laugh. After a short explanation, he laughed too. Well, the same thing happened three more times. I confused him so much that he mistook the driver’s seat with the passenger seat too. Now I can strike “to confuse a Japanese” from my bucket list.

While we were driving to the prefecture of Chiba, we talked about various stuff. It was more or less cultural stuff, until he started to ask private questions. Instead of starting with an easy question, like “Do you also think that Dragon ball is cool?”, he headed right for bull’s-eye.
Hiro: “Is there someone you like?”

I: “Huh?”
Hiro: “Well a person you like or who you love?”
I: “Ehm, yes.” (You!!! You idiot! Otherwise it would be strange to be with you right now…)
Hiro: “Someone from university?”
I: “No.” (irony on: Yes, I like someone from university but I have to meet you before … because this is the only logical way to make a university guy love me … /irony off)
Hiro: “Someone from Japan?”  (as if you don’t know!)
I: “Yes.”
Hiro: “Is it me?”

After this I couldn’t answer anymore because all the blood within my body rushed into my face. I think the answer was obvious then. 

Driving around. Actually, I didn't even know to where we were going and.... I don't even know now where I've been.
Haha. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment