Sunday, August 5, 2012

Last preparations

I felt really uncomfortable when I thought of meeting strangers. Furthermore I just had this dinosaur-feeling. Yes, you heard right: dinosaur-feeling. It’s like you feel different from the others and all the people come to see the differences of yours. Well, it’s not a real name of a sickness (yes, you should stop googling now, and it's not like feeling old and died out). But I think it’s a good way to express this feeling. I told him that it just made me feel like he wants to show me around “Hey look! This is a REAL foreigner! Here!!! Real! Touch it! It even can make noises! Say ‚woof‘!“.

He replied me: “I don’t want to meet you because you are a foreigner. (;ะด) I want to meet you because you are cute. Tell me your full name please!” I didn’t tell him my full name. But I decided to really go and visit him. Without his friends. Just the two of us.

Plus: I would meet him right after his birthday. So should I buy something for him? I asked my friend Liz. She was/is a huge Hiro-supporter. I still think that one day she will print out big banners with his face or wave around with those cute tiny flags, screaming “Go Hiro! Go Hiro! Yeah, yeah! Take her! Now!!! On the table!“ Or something like this. 

I: "I don’t know if I should buy him a present for his birthday. I wanted to buy him a T-Shirt from his favorite game. But maybe he wouldn’t be happy that I give him something."

 Liz: "Let me sum it up: He slept with you, he really wants you to come to Japan and meet you again, he sends mails and he wants to introduce you to his friends. In addition he wants to show you his city and is happy like a child on Christmas that you’re coming to meet him. Yes, you are right. He wouldn’t be happy. You are really right."

After this talk, I decided to buy him this T-Shirt. I’ve ordered it 1 ½ weeks before flying to Japan. 4 days before leaving, the status of the T-Shirt still said “in progress”. Damn it! I called the company and cancelled this damn T-Shirt because they didn’t even know when they can deliver it! I was so sad! It was the perfect present! PERFECT! And now I had nothing! Just some beer cans (yes, Japanese and the beer – a story in many chapters). So I browsed through Amazon and spent a lot of money in order to buy the same shirt via overnight express. And thank you, dear mailman! You were so fast! 1 day before leaving, I got his present! 

Another friend of mine gave me her Japanese mobile phone (thank you so much for this, I also received it one or two days before leaving). I had a mobile phone for Japan, I had 5 cans of beer, a T-Shirt and a whole package of “feeling so nervous aaaahh”. It was time to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment